Thursday, September 17, 2009

the web page project

matt wand i talk this morning i think the web page is gonna be just as cool as our presentation he has some really cool ideas about doing a matrix web page which i think could be really neat do a kinda here's a side for people that want to see the myth and do a side for people who want to see the truth which is something i could really sink my teeth into as you all know by reading my blogs i have no problem at all telling people the truth even if it does offend i had some really cool ideas about the truth side of the web page being a kinda conspiracy theory page breaking down the myth into its true form I'm still trying to find some stuff on this play that i seen in Cherokee nation called onto these hills its a play about the trail of tears its a very touching play it goes in detail about allot of the stories we have heard and read about in class
i have this strong tie to this class i have family on both sides of the frontier my family tree can by traced back to Danial Boone in Kentucky and also an Indian Princess that was maried to or related to President Lincoln but i have this feeling that i need to find out the truth for my self how this country came to be its not like we can go back in time and change anything but i think people need to know the truth i myself would love to find out more in my research about the truth and share it with all of you

4 comments:

  1. Hey Josh--

    I love your and Matt's idea so far! As I said on his blog, however, I think you need to narrow your topic a bit and be more specific about the contrasting perspectives that you're offering in your site.

    Let's talk more in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what’s up Josh , just wanted to say that you and Matt put on a great performance displaying the presentation in class the week before last. If your ideas about your websites are just about as creative as the presentation, then I would say the you and Matt would probably create the best websites in my opinion. I agree with your decision to find out where your ancestors originated from and attempt to tie that into your website. I personally think that everyone should be aware of their background and be proud of what ever origin or race turns up in their discovery. Besides the image of the American culture will be transforming into a more colorful and integrated population in the near future. I think you and Matt’s Matrix idea is a very creative way to steer away from being considered bias. It may possibly give the class and the world a perspective of the western frontier from both the fun and dishonest side and the more sober and honest side. I would have to say that this will be the first time that I have seen a website that is able to elaborate on both sides of the playing field discussing the western frontier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh you and Matt have a great idea for your website. I think it is cool that you are going to do the two different parts. One being the myth and the other being the truth. Doing the two differnt parts will let people make up their own minds on what to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Josh,

    As proven by your presentation, you and Matt have an awesome ability to intertwine facts with entertainment. The idea of your website is already interesting and that's half the battle, right?

    Contrasting the myths with their facts is one of the most intriguing aspects of this class so far, for me. I think something you guys could consider in your website would be tracing back the different myths and different factual accounts to their sources. It seems like everyone has their own idea about Buffalo Bill, be it the Dickenson et al., The Frontierland, or the Buffalo Bill museum. It sounds like you guys have a good opportunity to have them side by side for the reader to pick apart.

    I look forward to seeing how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete